How to Contact us
If you wish to access or correct your personal data held by us, or if you need to contact us in connection with our use of your personal data, please contact us:
35/37 Station Road
01924 898844 or 07970 748970
How We Collect Your Data
We obtain your personal data from the following sources:
- When you contact us by phone to inquire about our services or enrol to a class
- When you visit our studios
- When you contact us by post
- Enter a competition or promotion
- Complete a survey from us or give us feedback
- Provide us with information to be used in connection with a show or performance
- Audio and visual data may be collected on you if you attend any of our studios for security purposes
- Analytics providers (such as Google Analytics)
- Advertising networks (eg. Google, Instagram and Facebook-based [inside]/[outside] the EU)
- Search information providers (such as Google)
- Providers of technical, payment and delivery services (such as PayZone and Stripe )
- Publicly available sources, such as Companies House.
The Data We Collect
We only collect the information that’s necessary to provide you with the services requested and/or to keep you informed.
In the case of personal data relating to a child under the age of 18, we will require the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Individuals aged 18 or over may give, refuse or withdraw consent (whether the consent was originally given by themselves or on their behalf).
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Your child’s name
- Email addresses
- Contact telephone numbers
- Your child’s date of birth
- Any medical information for your child
- Gender of you or your child
Why We Collect Data & How We Use It
Data is collected for a variety of purposes such as:
- To allow us to provide requested services
- Facilitate response to requests
- To process payments
- To improve customer service
- Medical details to make sure we aware of your child specific needs
- Business administration
Where we have your consent we may:
- Use your personal information or that of your child in marketing campaigns
- Send you email updates about events or topics we think will be of interest to you
If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, unsubscribe instructions will be included at the bottom of each email.
How We Process Your Personal Data
We will never share, sell, rent or trade your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
We may share data with the following:
- Local council authorities for performance applications
- Dance festivals/competition organisers
- Professional organisations such as the International Dance Teachers’ Association (IDTA)
- Other service providers including database services, email delivery services and payment processors
How We Keep Your Data Secure
We are committed to protecting your personal information and adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored.
We may transfer your data to the USA to organisations such as Facebook or Google. The USA has weaker data protection laws than that of the EEA, and therefore we will ensure that only organisations who are a part of the EU/US privacy shield initiative will handle your personal information. More details on this certification can be found at www.privacyshield.gov/welcome.
Personal data is only stored for a period of 30 days past current use.
If you unsubscribe from marketing emails, we will keep the minimum amount of information to ensure we can adhere to such requests.
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. This request should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will remove or anonymise all stored data from all systems within 14 days. Should the right to withdraw consent relate to use of images, please include as much information and URL links as possible in order to help with the request. When dealing with a request from a child relating to any of the above rights, we will need to make a decision on whether the information should be provided to them or to their parents/legal guardian and will be guided by the individual’s age at the time of request, their level of understanding about what they are requesting, and why. For these purposes, we take the view that most children will reach this level of understanding at around age 16.
Should you believe that the Sarah Taylor Dance Studios have not acted in a fair, proper and safe manner regarding personal data, you may submit a complaint with the supervisory authority, The Information Commissioner’s Office:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
0303 123 113 or 01625 545 745